Skip to content

Thanksgiving Recap

November 30, 2010

So I’ve been a little neglectful of this blog lately. Things have been a little crazy in life and I’ve had a serious case of internet apathy.  I’m coming out the other side of that now though.

For Thanksgiving we, as usual, drove to my brother-in-law’s house on the eastern shore of Maryland. Scott’s brother lives in a huge old house that used to be a bed and breakfast in the charming little town of Chestertown, MD. Going there is like a mini-vacation. The best part for Caroline though was that instead of the 3 rooms on the main level of our house that she is relegated to most of the time, their main level has about 6 huge rooms. She was able to fire up her little walker/stroller thing and cruise to her hearts content.

Lots of strangers weren’t really her thing though and she spent a lot of time clinging to me and Scott. We understand that shyness is part of her personality, just as it is part of mine and I don’t force her to go to other people when she doesn’t want to. Usually, after a  while she’ll warm up to people and her surroundings and reach out on her own. I feel a little bad though as her two aunts just want to hug and kiss on her so much but she just wasn’t ready for it.  And only seeing them a couple of times a year, she is never going to get used to them.

Anyway, because Uncle Doug had a flight early in the day we didn’t eat Thanksgiving dinner until after 7:00 at night. Well after Caroline’s bedtime, so she didn’t get to participate this year. I made sure she had some turkey as part of her dinner though.

While I had had a disappointment earlier in the week, I have never been as thankful on Thanksgiving as I was this year. My little girl just makes every occasion better. Since I was older when she was born, I am so aware of what life without her could be. I’ve had good and bad Thanksgivings in the past but even the best can’t compare to an average day with my baby. I am thankful for every second I have with her. I’m so thankful that she is healthy and happy.

On Friday, rather than brave the sales, we drove back home. I was sick and Scott handled baby duty while I got the rare nap. Caroline went to bed at 6:30 and I was in bed myself by 7:00.

On Sunday, Daddy went to the Raven’s game while Caroline and I watched at home. She was so excited when our favorite player scored a touchdown.


No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: